There are many types of testing technologies currently used in the field of electronic assembly testing. Manual visual inspection, flying probe test, IC needle bed test, automatic optical inspection (AOT), etc. are commonly used. These detection methods have their own advantages and disadvantages:
(1) Manual visual inspection is a method of visual inspection. Its detection range is limited, and it can only check for missing components, directional polarity, incorrect model, bridge connection, and partial soldering. Because manual visual inspection is susceptible to human subjective and objective factors, it has a high degree of instability.
(2) The flying probe test is a machine inspection method. It uses two probes to power on the device to achieve detection, which can detect defects such as device failure and poor component performance. This test method is more suitable for plug-in PCBs and low-density PCBs with components mounted above 0805. However, the miniaturization of the device and the high density of the product make the deficiency of this detection method obvious.
(3) Needle bed test is a widely used test technology. The advantage is that the test speed is fast, suitable for a single variety of large-volume products. But as product varieties become richer, assembly density increases, and new product development cycles shorten, their limitations become more apparent.
(4) Automatic optical inspection (AOI) inspection method. It obtains the image of the device or PCB through CCD photography, and then judges the defects and failures through computer processing and analysis and comparison. Its advantages are fast detection speed and short programming time, which can be placed in different positions in the production line, which is convenient to find faults and defects in time, so that production, inspection and two are one. Can shorten the time to find faults and defects, and find out the causes of faults and defects in time. Therefore, it is a detection method that is currently used more often. However, the AOI system also has shortcomings, such as failure to detect circuit errors, and inability to detect invisible solder joints.
According to the understanding of various detection technologies and equipment, x-ray detection technology has more advantages than the above several detection technologies. It can make our detection system get higher improvement. Provide us with an effective detection method to improve the "one-pass rate" and strive for the goal of zero defects and E.
Features of x-ray detection technology:
(1) 97% coverage of process defects. Defects that can be inspected include: soldering, bridges, tombstones, insufficient solder, blowholes, missing components, and more. In particular, x-ray can also inspect solder joint hidden devices such as BGA and GSP.
(2) Higher test coverage. It can be inspected by naked eye and online test. For example, PCBA is judged to be faulty, and it is suspected that the PCB inner layer traces are broken. X-ray can quickly check it.
(3) Test preparation time is greatly reduced.
(4) Defects that cannot be reliably detected by other testing methods can be observed, such as false welding, air holes, and poor molding.
(5) Double-sided and multi-layered boards need only be checked once.
(6) Provide relevant measurement information to evaluate the production process. Such as the thickness of the solder paste, the amount of solder under the solder joint, etc.
Elantra Technology specializes in the development of x-ray non-destructive testing equipment. The company specializes in providing tailor-made for PCBA, SMT assembly, semiconductor devices, batteries, automotive electronics, solar energy, LED packaging, hardware, automotive die castings, wheel hubs and other industries. Solutions for x-ray non-destructive testing.
The model is HT100 non-destructive fluoroscopy tester: It is mainly used for quality inspection of BGA, CSP, flipchip, semiconductor internal and multi-layer circuit boards, and can quickly and clearly detect the soldering of circuit boards. It is especially suitable for quality inspection and repair in the production process. After quality inspection.
X-ray inspection technology has brought new changes to SMT production inspection methods. It can be said that it is currently the best for manufacturers who are eager to further improve the level of production technology, improve production quality, and will timely find circuit assembly failures as a breakthrough select. With the development trend of SMT devices, other assembly failure detection methods are difficult to implement due to their limitations. X-ray automatic detection equipment will become the new focus of SMT production equipment and play an increasingly important role in the SMT production field.
ELT Technology(Shenzhen)Co., Ltd.
Address: Third floor, Building 3, Yuheng Industrial Park,Tantou Community, Songgang, Baoan ,Shenzhen 518105 China
Wechat Public Number